Friday, April 3, 2015

The Seven Last Words of Christ

The First Word - Luke 23:24
"Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." 
Here's a question for personal reflection:
  • Have I accepted his forgiveness?

The Second Word - Luke 23:43
"I tell you the truth; today you will be with me in paradise."  
Here's another question to consider:
  • Have I placed my destiny is God's hands?

The Third Word - John 19:26
"Dear woman, here is your son 
Here's something to consider:
  • Why would Jesus suffer and die for ME? 

The Fourth Word - Mark 5:34
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Here's something to think about:
  • Have I ever felt forsaken by God? Do I really believe Jesus will never leave me or forsake me?

The Fifth Word - John 19:28
"I am Thirsty"
Here's something else to consider:
  • Have I allowed Jesus to satisfy my thirst for God, or has my thirst for other things eclipsed my thirst for the things of God? 

The Sixth Word - John 19:30
"It is finished"
 Here's an important question:
  • Are there issues in my life that need serious attention before I can say, "I have finished the race."

The Seventh Word - Luke 23:46
"Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"
Here's a final challenge:
  •  Jesus words are so powerful because he acted upon them.  As we reflect on the last words of Jesus, let our reflection be followed by action.  To live in the shadow of the cross requires that we... Trust in the Lord with all our hearts instead of depending on our own understanding.  May we seek God's will in all we do.  Then he will show us which path to take.           -- Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment